This post contains affiliate links.
Have you ever wondered how throw pillows got their name? I’m certain they were named by a momma who decided to decorate her couch with pillows to make the space feel homey and lovely. I’m sure she named them something incredible but changed to throw pillows at the end of the first day because the pillows were constantly thrown around by all her children ALL day!
Please tell me I am not the only mom who is constantly saying, “The pillows belong on the couch not on the floor!”, “Are you standing on the throw pillow?”, “Don’t hit your sister with that pillow.”
It’s a constant battle and the struggle of the throw pillows is very real.
Since moving, our house is in need of several new throw pillows for my kids to
walk on, I mean lovingly set on our couches and snuggle with.
Here are my top picks while I was browsing over the weekend. The best part is……they are all from Amazon. Our town recently got an Amazon Store and it has changed my world. I can get some items delivered to the store the very next day. Plus, at Christmas they had a gift wrapping station. I didn’t use it but thought seriously about it. The other thing I have found helpful with the store is returns. They have a station there for all returns too. It really has made my life easier.
- Chevron Zig-Zag – I love the colors of this one and its a great pattern. They did have other colors if yellow and gray aren’t your combo.
- Simple Stripes – The simple stripes of this one just screams farmhouse style to me. The color is delicate and not over powering which means you could put more exciting designs with it.
- Farmhouse Buffalo – Buffalo check is all the rage right now. I didn’t think black and white would fit in my house but this beige and white it perfect. Personally I think beige and grays go well together.
- Sweet Owl – I love this sweet owl pillow. It’s got such a great combination of colors that it would easily fit into any area.
- Retro Arrows – This arrow pillow is a great color for our front room area that has Sea Salt (by Sherwin Williams) walls.
- My Favorite Place – I love the simpleness of this pillow plus it say exactly what I think about all my peeps. Easy pillow to throw into any color scheme.
- Camper – If you have followed my blog from the start you will understand my love for campers. We lived in ours for a year. Our home needs reminders of our journey.
- Birds – I love the background pattern of this pillow along with the pop of color.
- Vintage Bike – This vintage bike is the most bold in color out of all the pillows. However, I like the bright pop of the red/orange bike. It makes my heart happy.
- Burlap Love – When I found this pillow I fell in LOVE with it. The shape is great, the burlap makes me smile and the fact that it says Love is a win!
- Vintage Map – This vintage map pillow. I just don’t have the words to describe how much I love it. If it doesn’t go with your home decor add this pillow to a boys bedroom or a playroom.
- Sunshine – This pillow goes so well with the other yellow and gray pillow above it. The saying on it speaks.
- Love One Another – Another pillow that goes with any color with a serious reminder to my kids. Can I get 10 of these please!!
That’s a wrap for my throw pillow finds. The verdict is still out on which ones will make there way to our couches. I’m hoping I can decide soon. Which ones are your favorites?